JMT Tennis Coaching Diploma
Welcome to the JMT Tennis Coaching Diploma. This is a unique course which offers students the opportunity to obtain a British Tennis Coaching Qualification and to develop their new skills in a tennis camp environment.
The course is 2-weeks long with the option of adding a further 2 weeks work experience (Total of 4 weeks).
What is the aim of the course?
To develop coaches who can effectively coach groups in a professional tennis camp environment. At the end of the course, coaches should have the skills and experience to go anywhere in the world and effectively coach a small group of players.
The Diploma is a perfect first step in a coaching career as it includes coach training and work experience.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for players aged 18 or over. You should be of a good playing standard and have a passion for tennis and helping others to enjoy the sport we love.
It is also suitable for international coaches looking to develop their coaching skills in English (Coaches can add English lessons into the programme).
What do you get at the end?
The JMT coaching diploma is recognized worldwide with a direct equivalence of the RPT Level 2. This should enable you to work around the world in a group coaching environment.
- Week 1: Coaching Course in Brighton
- Weeks 2: Work experience as a Camp Coach and Counsellor in Oxford or Yorkshire
- Weeks 3 & 4 (Optional): Continued work experience as a Camp Coach and Counsellor.
Accommodation and meals
Trainee coaches stay in a single rooms with all meals provided.
International coaches can add English lessons to their training programme. The lessons are classroom based and will focus on developing conversational skills and confidence in a tennis environment. The lessons run for 2 hours per day, Monday to Friday.
- Accommodation & meals
- Coach training – on and off the courts
- Work experience in the JMT Summer Tennis camps
- On-line training and assessment module
- End-of-course verbal assessment
- Support after the course
- 1 day First Aid Course (Extra)
- English Course for international students (Extra)
JMt Tennis Coaching Diploma - 2021
Prices are for 1 person for 2 weeks. The package includes the coaching qualification, work experience, meals and accommodation.
* Trainee Coaches can stay for the full 4 weeks if they pass the course and subject to agreement by the Head Coach. No extra charge.
|2021 Course Date||Coaching Course|
|27th June - 25th July||£1,695|
|18th July - 15th August||£1,695|
|English Lessons||10 hours p/week||£125|
|First Aid||1 day||£50|
|Extra 2-weeks work experience||2 weeks||Free|
Find My Camp
If you need help finding the camp that is for you then please contact us.
Important information that will help us:
- Preferred dates
- Player level / rating
- With or without accommodation
- How you heard about us
- With or without English lessons (For International Players Only)